Best Installation Practices
Configuration of camera and surrounding area
- Cameras must be installed in the area with stable and adequate light sources.
- The installation height ranges from 6.6ft(2.0m) to 11.5ft(3.5m), adjustable according to the focal-length of different lenses and object distances.
- Position the camera to have an angle of about 15° to the detection area. (a).
- The object distance depends on the focal-length of the lens mounted in the camera.
- For optimal face capture and recognition rate, the requirement for face capture are: left or right face turn angle is less than about 30°; pitching angle is less than 20°.
- Face illumination should have uniform brightness. If there are uneven bright spots or shadows, there will need to be supplemental illumination for optimal capture rate.
- When the scene is backlit, the camera’s BLC/HLC/WDR will need to be enabled or the foreground must be illuminated.